Friday, June 06, 2014

Canberra Gourmet... #blogjune

I picked up a copy of Australian Gourmet Traveller today. 
The current issue features Canberra on the cover (text) and so I was wondering what they had to say.
It's a very interesting article about the 'hipster' food scene in Canberra.
I have been to about 5% of the venues mentioned!


June 2014 issue Australian Gourmet Traveller

The current article made mention of the Caramel Popcorn Sundaes recipe from restaurant "Eightysix" which had been featured in the magazine previously. See: http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/recipe-search/video/2013/9/caramel-popcorn-sundaes/ (Although it has 'video' in the URL, the video is optional!)

Interestingly, the Caramel Popcorn Sundae is also mentioned in an article about Canberra in the New York Times!  36 Hours in Canberra, Australia by Emma Pearse.

I love that the Sydney Morning Herald has taken this and supplemented it with extra pictures: The New York Times champions the hipster underbelly of Canberra by Henry Belot. (Though I think Henry is a Canberra Times writer).

More venues to check out...

And my Googling has revealed I'm not the only one to blog about these two articles - check out HerCanberra: http://www.hercanberra.com.au/index.php/2014/06/06/canberra-is-officially-cool-the-new-york-times-says-so/

Beat me by 'that much'!
hehehe

#blogjune

No comments: